I began a Nursing career in 1979 in Sydney after spending time as a volunteer in hospitals at age 14. My love of nursing has spanned over 30 years in a variety of medical settings including as a Surgical Nurse, Midwife, Family Planning and Lactation Consultant, Intensive Care and Coronary Care Nurse. I then tried Theatre Nursing before further diversifying into Community Nursing, GP Nursing and more recently as a Hyperbaric and Woundcare Specialist.
Simultaneously, Complementary Nursing held a fascination for me with clinical studies indicating improvement in the health of patients who tried other methods of healing outside of the more traditional medical care.
When a series of tragedies entered my life, it was instinctive to me that I leaned towards discovering more about complementary health. In this way I survived the sudden deaths of my 17 year old son in 2007, then my younger sister, brother in law and father of my children.
Not only did I survive but I also flourished and went on to study grief and loss counselling, Reiki and many other modalities of wellbeing including Kinesiology and the practices of body, mind and spirit rebalance.
Today at Naturally Vibrant, I specialise in Reiki, grief processing, palliative care, nurse-counselling and teaching methods of self-care. I am passionate about sharing a road to healing and finding the gifts of life amid our trauma and challenges.
I offer a holistic base to my care as:
- Master Reiki Practitioner/Teacher
- Holistic Counsellor (Diploma of Holistic Counselling)
- Kinesiology (Touch for Health Cert 4)
- Advanced Practitioner in Australian Bush Flower Essences
- Workshop Facilitator – Cert 1V Workplace Training and Assessment
- Guest Speaker on the topic of grief and loss, life challenges, intuitive processes and hope.
I am a member of:
- ARC – Australian Reiki Connection
- AHPRA – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- AARP – Australian Association of Reiki Professionals
- IICT – International Institute for Complementary Therapists
I am also the author of ‘The Flowering Gum’. This book is accepted by TAC, Road Trauma, Grief and Bereavement, Australian Reiki Connection and is in their Resources Library. The book is also used as training manual for Open Hands Holistic Counselling and Learning Services. Editorials in Gippsland papers and Casey News. Please feel free to view a news article about the book.
Past events include being a speaker for:
- The Swedenborg Association, Sydney and Melbourne 2015
- The Afterlife Explorers Conference – Sydney 2015
- Casey Radio 99.7 2011
- ABC Gippsland Radio 2011
- Contours Women’s Gym 2011
- Grief and Bereavement Support Group 2012
We have retreats, workshops and seminars on offer during the year.
I hope you enjoy your visit to our website and take away some helpful ideas. We are here to assist you in whatever way we can.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
To contact Alex, please call 0409 009 924 or email email@example.com